Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Early Beginnings

Hey everyone, BMO here.

talking to you from Toronto, Canada.

It all started one evening at my university dorm, when I had absolutely nothing to do. So I just began to learn how to use a mixing program I had downloaded called Mixxx. It's absolutely free for PC/MAC. I began to realize I really enjoyed manipulating music, and I was fascinated at how well professional djs could totally change how a track sounds and feels.

I've been mixing on my computer for about 5 months. I just purchased a dj midi controller called the Vestax Spin. I pretty much just got it a couple of days ago, so i'll put up a post in a couple of days reviewing the Spin, and what I think about it. I currently use Traktor Scratch Pro as my computer mixing software. which has a ton of useful effects and tools to facilitate mixing. I've been using Traktor for some time now, so expect a review on it as well.

I Listen to Trance, Techno, Dance, Club, and Dubstep. My current favourite song is Pursuit of Happiness by Kid Cudi.

My All time favourite song, and the song that really started my love for electronic music is Infinity (klaas remix) by Guru Josh Project.

I've got a couple of mixes made, probably not amazing but if you'd like a listen my Soundcloud link is here.

ttyl,

BMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment